Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Out and About

This past weekend was a big one for John Brooks. On Saturday, he accompanied me on his first official outing to see the Florida Cowboy Heritage Exhibit at the Natural History Museum. 020 (2)We met up with some friends at the museum and had a wonderful time learning about the history of cattle ranching in Florida. I was even able to get a picture of the brand017 (2) that was used by my grandfather and great grandfather when they ran cows near Alachua many moons ago. John Brooks was such a good baby! He didn’t make a peep the whole time sleeping the day away in his stroller.019 (2) 018 (2)

On Sunday, John Brooks went to his first restaurant! My grandma Jean, her friend Mr. Marvin, Aunt Connie and Uncle Frank came over to see John Brooks and then we all went to a late lunch at the Light House in Fanning Springs. John Brooks was excellent at the restaurant. He slept the whole time. :)

I am so excited to be reaching the point when I feel more comfortable taking him out in public. I know that he and I will have many more adventures together in the future…and we might even bring daddy Ben along for the ride every now and then. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment