Saturday, June 25, 2011

Big, Big, Big, Big Apple Adventure

 

 

   big

The week before last was Vacation Bible School at our church! VBS was one of my favorite events each year growing up – especially snack time – there is just something about those flower cookies with the hole in the middle and red Kool-aid that makes me think of VBS!

This year I volunteered to help in a class and got placed in the 2 year old classroom. We had soooo much fun singing, making crafts, reading stories and just generally making a mess while learning about how Jesus loves us and how we should show his love to others through our life. The kids even brought offering to give to the Florida Baptist Children’s Home. 

The theme this year was “Big Apple Adventure” so the kids drove around in “taxis” June 2011 032ate “street  food” June 2011 iphone 023and decorated statues of liberty magnets to take home with them. The snacks were alot fancier than I remember – no more flower cookies and kool-aid – this year they had vanilla pudding, apple sauce, “NYC pretzels”  and even ice cream cone cupcakes – those were the cutest things they were cupcakes baked in an ice cream cone shell with frosting and sprinkles on top!

I had the best time getting to know these little people and I hope to work with VBS again next year! images

1 comment:

  1. I too love VBS! We just finished the "Big Apple Adventure" Thursday night. I felt a little lost last-night with no where to be.

    ReplyDelete