Thursday, July 7, 2011

Beach day

On Sunday we (I) decided that we should go to the beach for the afternoon. We hadn’t been all summer and I am such a beach bum at heart that I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to put my toes in the sand. So Sunday afternoon we loaded up and drove to Jax Beach. Once we arrived we circled and circled and circled for a parking spot with no luck until finally I lost my patience and did what I often do when I am in a jam – I picked up the phone and called Pa (my grandpa). It just so happened that he and Jerry (his wife) were over at her son Rusty’s house on Sunday. It also just so happened that Rusty and his wife Amy live in a house that is just one small road away from the beach. Rusty and Amy were so sweet and offered to let the Colson crew use their driveway as a parking spot! It was a wonderful afternoon! Their house was close enough to the beach that once JB and Ben were tired of catching rays they were able to go up and talk to Pa leaving this mama on the beach with the girls! It was so wonderful to be able to sit on the beach and relax for a little bit! I so appreciated Rusty and Amy’s hospitality! It made for a wonderful Sunday afternoon beach trip. IMG_3645

John Brooks carefully dipping his toes in the sand.IMG_3646two feet and even a hand! On a side note I had no idea how fast sand can get EVERYWHERE.IMG_3647

No comments:

Post a Comment