Sunday, October 30, 2011

In All Kinds of Weather

If you pay attention at all to college football then you know that 2011 has not been the year for the Florida Gators. The lack of talent has not kept us away from the opportunities that we have had to cheer on our Gators. 10-30-2011 018This past weekend was no exception. Ben and I followed the throngs of Gator fans to Jacksonville to cheer on the Gators against one of our most hated SEC rivals, the Georgia Bull-dawgs.  10-30-2011 027

While the game didn’t turn out the way that we had hoped, we were able to have a great time visiting with friends and family and enjoying our first weekend away together since having John Brooks. That’s right folks – John Brooks had his first sleepover at Grandpa and Grandma McCracken’s! I dropped him off on Friday around 2pm and forced myself to drive away despite my hesitation at leaving my baby “alone” for two days or worse two nights! Thankfully I knew that he was being taken care of by very loving and capable people (my dad and my grandma) who have managed to raise their own children, so my fear quickly subsided and I was able to enjoy my much needed “adult time” with my husband and our friends. 

We picked John Brooks up from my dad’s this morning and what nobody tells you is that the best part of going away from your kid for a few days is the welcome you get upon your return. When I walked in the door, John Brooks wrapped his little arms around my neck and gave me the best bear hug I have ever gotten in my life! He did the same thing to Ben and couldn’t stop going back and forth between the two of us just a smiling as big as his 5 teeth could smile.

I am happy to report that we all made it safely back home and are enjoying the rest of our Sunday together. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the sweet love a momma gets when she returns home is the very best part of leaving! No doubt. Glad you and Ben got some alone time, despite the ballgame's outcome.

    ReplyDelete