Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Grateful feelings and Paper Products

 

Last week our grill died, the AC broke and the dishwasher in the words of the repair man “got fried”.  What’s that saying about bad things happening in threes?

If you know my husband you can imagine how all of these surprises went over with Mr. Planner….yep like a lead balloon.

Thankfully, the AC was just a minor repair and the Lord saw fit to give someone the idea to make paper plates (can I get an amen?) Smile We are definitely doing our part to contribute to the hole in the ozone layer for the next couple of weeks.

In all reality, even though it is frustrating to have these (expensive) “life moments” pop up unexpectedly, I am so thankful that God has provided for Ben, John Brooks and me to live in a place that has the options of air conditioning and electricity, not to mention the wonderful modern convenience that is the dishwasher. Sometimes we get so caught up in the little (sometimes big…I’m looking at you federal government) annoyances of our every day life that I think we fail to recognize just how blessed we are to live in a place where we don’t have to worry about nightly power outages and clean water and where our cool air doesn’t just come in the winter. I get overwhelmed at times by the enormity of the blessings I’ve been given that I don’t deserve. I am so very thankful.

After all, the trees that make paper plates are a cultivated crop and people depend on my paper plate purchases for their livelihood. Smile

1 comment:

  1. I laughed so hard at your last sentence!!! Adam works in the woods, so I totally justify using paper plates ALL the time! Sad, but true!

    ReplyDelete