Sunday, November 22, 2009

Papa

I know that I need to finish my Verizon story but I wanted to take this opportunity to honor a man who I have admired and loved my whole life. Myron W. Bryan was not my grandpa but he was next in line. I am a lucky person to have such a large extended family of cousins to grow up with and Mr. Bryan's (Papa) family are my extended family. I grew up hanging out at their farm and playing with Jes and Zach and Sarah and Seth and Brad and Ashton. Papa always treated Matt (my brother) and me like his grandkids. We kept our show pigs there for the Youth Fair. He was a man who was a gentleman, a Christian, and who stood up and supported the things that he believed in. He was an advocate for agriculture and a believer that God, hard work, family and community are the most important things.

I, like his family and many others, am sad that he is no longer with us but I know that he is with the Lord in Heaven, and that is a much better place to be. I just pray that the Lord will bring peace to his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment