Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Happy Thanksgiving...Bock"



If you didn't get that reference it is from "You've Got Mail" which is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! Which means that for my family, tonight is the Oyster Roast! This is one of my favorite events that Mr. Fabulous' family creates for themselves....so fun, oysters, chili, sausage dogs, heartburn (jk), family time, cool night air, kids running around! Its a relaxed time to be with our family and just get to know each other better. We received a fire pit (awesome) as a gift last year so this year...I'm makin' S'mores! Soooo excited!

Then tomorrow...Thursday...is the big day! The day in which all Americans pause and give thanks for the blessings that they have around them. I love Thanksgiving because it is a time for me to remember how truly blessed I am to live in a country where I can pretty much be or do whatever I want, to have a God who loves me unconditionally and sent his son to die for my sins, to have a family - immediate, extended, community - that has watched over me and loved me and wished the best for me and loved me for 26 years now. Last year I got to add to my list of thankful things, my wonderful husband, his amazing family, our amazing, free, falling down old house, the beautiful area in which we live, and a thousand other things that I can't think of right now.

I hope that you take some time this Thanksgiving to think about what it is and who it is that you are truly thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment