Monday, July 5, 2010

Bette’s Big T


 

We had such a great time this past weekend! Having an extra day to relax has been awesome and I for one believe that four day weeks should be made mandatory.

One of the things I love most about living in a rural area is all of the delicious local dining spots. Saturday morning Ben and I went to just such a local haunt known as Bette's Big T in Chiefland. We went for breakfast and let me tell y'all it was to die for! I had biscuits and sausage gravy and I could have swum in the gravy it was sooooo tasty! Just enough black pepper to give the gravy a kick and make my taste buds sing with delight. Because I have a carb-fetish I rounded out my biscuits and gravy with an order of hash browns and 2 pieces on Ben's toast (thanks dear). Can I tell y'all that having a husband is sooo great for many reasons one of which being that I get to try his meal too and thus get more bang for my glutinous buck.

The atmosphere at the Big T was great too with dark wood paneling and mismatched tables and chairs in the middle surrounded by booths and banquets on the sides. Even better the food came fast…and I mean fast…we sat down, ordered and were diggin' in to our meal in less than 15 minutes.

So for any of y'all that are from around here and for those just passin' through, I definitely recommend this local spot for a great start to your daily routine.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment