Tuesday, November 2, 2010

update

Last Wednesday I found out that I have gestational diabetes. It is a disappointing diagnosis though not too surprising as I have a family history of diabetes and thus am more susceptible. Yesterday, I met with a dietician at the Diabetes center at North Florida Regional Medical Center. She was nice and helpful and gave me some handouts to help with meal planning as well as a monitor that I have to use 4 times a day to test my blood sugar. The good news is that the items that I can include in my eating habits now are not that different from what I normally eat. I just need to stay away from really sweet foods like candy and cookies as well as cutting back on fried foods. I am happy to report that I have tested my blood sugar 3 times so far today and have been within the normal range every time. :)

In other news, I go to my OB tomorrow. I have started going every 3 weeks now which is exciting because it feels like I am in the home stretch. I feel John Brooks moving around all the time now. His favorite spot is kicking under my ribs…so much so that I am pretty sure he has bruised a rib. I think my boy is going to be a tough one. :)

I am 30 weeks today. 10 more to go. Counting down for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment