For whatever reason I have been very bad about blogging the past week or two. So in an effort to catch you up on our lives (as if you care) here is a brief synopsis of the past week or so at our house.
- Monday, December 13th – ultrasound – John Brooks weighs approximately 5 lbs 7oz, has hair (though we don’t know what color), is practicing his breathing and was a bit shy for the camera because he hid his face with his hand. The doctor says he should gain about 1/2 lb a week from this point on which makes mama happy especially given the whole gestational diabetes your baby could be the size of an elephant thing. :) On another note – my blood pressure was a little high so Dr. Million told me to check it if I feel bad and to call them if it gets above 140ish.
- Tuesday, December 14th – 36 weeks – Yippee!
- Thursday, December 16th – I felt terrible at work – badddddd headache, baaaaaaaadddd heartburn that would not go away no matter how many tums I popped in. I left work early, ran a couple of errands (because no matter how bad I feel I feel worse if my to do list doesnt get done) and then run by Publix to check my bp – 145/90 – eeeek….oh yeah and my blood sugar is low so I stop at Sonny’s to eat and call the doctor’s office to tell them about the bp. The nurse returns my call and asks that I come in and get checked at 1:45 pm. 4 hours later I am leaving the L&D floor with lower bp, a note that says I cant work anymore until after the baby arrives, and a very stern warning from my doctor that I am not to be doing alot over the next few weeks because she wants to keep John Brooks inside as long as possible. Side notes – she thinks JB will come early – I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced - my platelet count is a little low so the doctor wants me to go on Friday and have a CBC done to determine if it keeps dropping because that could be a sign of Pre-eclampsia. Needless to say I am a nervous wreck and for the first time in this entire pregnancy I am super worried about what is going to happen next. ---Ohhh and Ben put up the outside Christmas lights! I love my husband!
- Friday, December 17th – told the boss that I could no longer work – he was very understanding (yay) – went to LabCorp, had blood drawn – got a pedicure (because nothing lowers blood pressure like pretty toes) – came home and relaxed – received my lab results and my platelet count was the same so nothing to worry about there (yippee!!)
- Saturday, December 18 – Our furniture arrived!!!!!
- Monday, December 20 – Doctor’s appointment – well really a nurse’s visit to check the blood pressure – perfectly normal so it seems that not working is the right decision. :) Saw the 6 week old baby of one of my life long friends and his wife – gained some great knowledge from her about what to expect in labor and afterwards – soooo excited for JB to arrive soon. Had what I think may have been my first contraction but I am really not sure (Lord please don’t let me be one of those women who doesn’t know she is in labor and gives birth in a bathroom or something)
- Tuesday, December 21 – Ironed John Brooks’ outfits for the hospital and coming home (yes outfits as in plural because I am not sure when pictures will be taken and you can never be too prepared) and packed the bag – it is about 75% packed at this point. :)