Friday, March 4, 2011

Top 10 Things I’ve learned in the past 8 weeks while trying to lose baby weight

I decided to treat my pregnancy as a free 9 (really 10) month pass to an AYCE buffet. I never had morning sickness so I didn’t lose any weight in the first trimester but I ate like I did. My pregnancy gave me the most precious baby boy ever but it also gave me about 50+ pounds (shock…gasp…) of unwanted weight that I now have to bust my “buns” (technical term) to work off. I started walking 2 weeks after I gave birth, started a buns, hips and thighs video 5 weeks after and began an ab video the day after my 6 week doctor’s appointment. Since I gave birth I have lost 30 pounds (20 of which was water weight – swell much) and gained quite a bit of knowledge. Here is a list of the top 10 things I have learned while working out.

10. I have no rhythm in my hips

9. They cleverly clothe the instructor in the ab workout video to hide that she too has a pooch

8. The backup girls in the workout videos are doing more than just the video

7. I will never be a ballerina or a hip-hop dancer

6. All of those times the nurse asked me if I had any swelling in my face and hands – I should’ve answered yes

5. It took 9 months to gain it – you ain’t gonna lose it in a day

6. Bev’s in Alachua is an uncontrollable force that beckons me - (side note – did anyone feel the world shift on its axis a little because Bev’s now accepts credit cards – big shock of my life)

5. No matter what the Hungry Girl Says – No amount of laughing cow cheese can make Tofu Shirataki noodles taste like fettucine alfredo

4. The Graco Travel System is not a jogging stroller

3. I need to start jogging

2. I need a jogging stroller

1. If you MAKE/FORCE yourself to exercise everyday (well at least 4-5 days a week) it does get easier and more enjoyable (shock of my life #2)

No comments:

Post a Comment