Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Roast Beasts

The county I live in is pretty rural….as in one stop light in the whole county rural. While this means that I have to drive 45 minutes to go to Publix it also means that the citizens really rally together to give the children here the best opportunities available to them. One of the best examples I can provide to show how the citizens of this county work together is the Education Foundation. This is an organization created and run by members of our county and its sole purpose is to provide scholarships for students in this county. Every year the foundation hosts a few fundraisers to create these scholarships and one of the fundraiser’s happens to be my most FAVORITE event in this county…the Beast Feast! I may have talked about this before but it is sooo much fun and gives me such and happy warm feeling in my heart when I attend this event and see how many people show up to support the youth of this county. Here are some pictures from this year’s event which took place last Friday.

023 John Brooks’ first Beast Feast – doesn’t he look excited?!? :)

 

024

026  I am ashamed to admit that this is my plate. I didn’t eat breakfast or lunch in preparation. 027 JB really wanted to try some venison but had to settle for his thumb instead – next year son, next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment