Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Eventful Night

We have a monitor that has a sensor pad attached to a unit that lives in John Brooks’ room. The sensor pad is located under JB’s crib mattress and is used to detect his breathing – or more importantly a lack thereof (God forbid). If for some reason the sensor does not detect breathing for more than one minute an alarm goes off in his room and beeping, vibrating and flashing lights commence in our room.

Last night, we put John Brooks down at 10:30 pm – flat on his back, in his crib, laying over the sensor. Last night, at 4:30 am the alarm went off. I jumped out of bed and Ben somehow flew around the bed and actually beat me to JB’s room to find a peacefully sleeping, fully breathing, baby boy lying on his side – just out of reach of the sensor…

I guess we should be thankful the monitor does what it says it will do.

On a side note – I have never in my life seen Ben Colson move faster. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment