Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Miracles do happen…

Today I did something miraculous. Today I did something that I have only done a handful of times before. Today I swept and vaccumed my floor without begging, bribe or threat of unexpected company! Now some of you may not find the completion of this task particularly miraculous but those of you that know me can feel free to pick their jaws up off of their respective floors now. Why you ask did I undertake this miraculously mundane task? Simply this – JB was sleeping, there was nothing good on tv, I had already folded all the laundry AND loaded the dishwasher. All of a sudden I looked down and saw for the first time what others have seen for decades, centuries even…dust on my floor. I racked my brain for some other task to complete but alas nothing came to mind. So…after almost 28 and 1/2 years I finally broke down and cleaned something without being asked. Feel free to applaud now…or send flowers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment