Holy moly – since I have started school John Brooks has taken it upon himself to start growing up! It is crazy to me to see how much he changes and learns and grows every single day. This post is going to be more of a chronicle of what JB has been up to over the past couple of months.
As of 10/10/2011 John Brooks:
weighs: 18 lbs 10 oz (that’s about 10.5 lbs since July for those who are keeping track)
is: 27 3/4 inches tall
- pulls up on things
- pushes buttons
- knows how to work the music box in his crib
- can pick up food with his own hands (its a messy job and sometimes mama still has to help but he’s getting the hang of it)
- has eaten the following foods in non-pureed form: pancakes, blueberries, bananas, peaches, nilla wafers, turkey, chicken, hamburger, beef stew with vegetables, avocado, shrimp (he didn’t like it), grapefruit (that’s a funny story for later), a doughnut (krispy kreme of course), eggs, squash, orange juice, mushrooms, garlic bread, and a few other items that I can’t remember right now.
- favorite foods: bananas, peas, peaches, pancakes
- favorite books: “Brown Bear, Brown Bear” and “Animal Sounds”
- likes: being outside, taking walks, farm animals, checking the cows (he falls asleep every time), wrestling with daddy, reading, bathtime and generally going wherever he is not supposed to go, music, patty cake, “hide and seek”
- dislikes: laying still, diaper changes, clothing changes, being in the car seat too long
- has 5 teeth (well 4 and one on the way)
- is very serious when he first meets people and then happy and talkative and smiley once he gets to know you
- can say “dada” “mama” “baba” and can sign the word for “more” (although you still just yell ma ma ma when you want something)
- sleeps from 8:30 pm til 7:30ish am
- takes 2 naps from 30 – 90 minutes long each
John Brooks, you are SO MUCH FUN to be around right now! Everyday you learn something new or make a new noise. Your smile is contagious and we like to laugh together. You give sweet hugs and are very inquisitive. You are starting to show a stubborn side (which was expected given your parents). You have started to cry sometimes when you think Mama or Daddy is going to leave (breaks my heart) and we love that serious face you have when you are trying to figure something out (think muschamp stare). You are such a blessing to us both, so full of life and love and once you get to know people they see what mama and daddy see every day – your joyous, fun loving personality! Mama and Daddy love you!