Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Enjoy Being A Girl

 

 

Today I had a dentist appointment at 8:00 am in Gainesville. Since I am a firm believer in rewarding myself for even the most minor of inconvenient things that I “force” myself to do I decided that I would go and get a pedicure afterward. Then my main babysitter squeeze (seen below) called and informed me that if I wanted to continue enjoying my summer vacation that he would need to go back to work soon. Stupid bills!

may and June 047

So instead of handing over $28 plus tip and helping to boost our economy as well as assist the local Asian immigrant population I decided to perform a little DIY and create my own pedicure nail spa.

Here are the cast of characters (heheehe thanks Pioneer Woman)

July 11 2012 029

Quick…name the 3 things missing from this picture….

Ding Ding Ding! That’s right – base coat, top coat, and those really wonderful warm wet towels that they lay on your legs! I do not own base or top coat because then I would feel compelled to give myself pedicures more often and well…ick. I could not figure out a way (in the 30 seconds or so that I thought about it) to create warm, wet towels so I sadly did without them and their magical healing properties.

I mixed the baby shampoo with the bubble bath to create a foot spa effect in which to soak my achy soles. Why Baby Shampoo you ask? Well, I learned by accident – and by accident I mean that John Brooks learned how to unscrew caps and dumped half a bottle of shampoo in his bath water – that baby shampoo makes water and thus your skin feel oh so soft and smooth! You are welcome America.

I did not take a before picture because nobody should have to see that.

Here is the finished product….Taaaaa Daaaaa……

July 11 2012 032

I usually am a Red or Fuschia gal in the summer but I read in a magazine that neutrals are in for summer so here you have them…toenails the same color as my skin.

July 11 2012 031

Sorry if this foot picture grosses you out…apparently mine are not the feet you see in pictures and go “OOOOH Those are such cute toes”

It was a fun and relaxing way to spend approximately 30 minutes but I don’t think I will be painting my front door red and calling myself Elizabeth Arden just yet Winking smile

1 comment:

  1. Shampoo has many great uses. I have been using it for shaving since high school. In a pinch I learned that it is 10x's better than shaving lotion/gel.

    ReplyDelete