Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Independence Day 2012

 

 

Our 4th of July celebration was pretty low key this year but I loved every bit of it. I started my day pretty early…5:30 am early…not what I had expected for a holi-day but it was for a great cause…driving my not-so little sister (she’s almost 17) to the airport in Sanford to catch a flight to see my brother in TN. 6 hours later (travel time there and back) I found myself enjoying a wonderful 4th of July meal of grilled ribs and chicken, corn on the cob, potato salad, topped off by HOMEADE vanilla ice cream for dessert…all prepared by my step-mom’s wonderful parents! Sooo delicious and the perfect treats for my travel-weary soul. After lunch the Colson clan headed back to my dad’s house where John Brooks took a wonderful holiday nap giving mama and daddy some much needed relaxation time to lounge by the pool. These moments of peace and quiet are few and far between in our house these days so we took full advantage and spent the time reading and sleeping (minds out of the gutters people we really just chilled). July 7 003

John Brooks’ enjoying his first 4th of July rib dinner!

After dinner with my dad and a big send off to my Meemaw, Ben and I packed the kid and the stuff in the car and headed back to our house….the funniest part we were all 3 in bed by like 8:30 pm…like I said all the school and family drama lately had caught up and mama needed some sleep! No fanfare or fireworks here but a welcome holiday of peace, quiet, rest and relaxation. I am truly proud to be an American!

July 7 006

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment