Tuesday, August 20, 2013

John Brooks’ First Day of Preschool

 

005

Today was my little Monkey’s first day of preschool! He was sooo excited that when I told him it was time to go he ran to the back door and grabbed his stuff for the day. He will be attending a Christian preschool near by on Tuesdays and Thursdays to help him learn about God’s creation and love for us, how to share, how to get along with others, as well as numbers, letters, colors, shapes, etc. On these days he will eat lunch and take a nap at school on his “special cowboy mat”.

We met his teachers at his class last Thursday and he was SO EXCITED to play with all the fun “puzzles” and “pirate shiiip” that he cried when we left because he wanted to STAY! No surprise when I walked him in his class at 8:30 this morning he went straight to playing and barely had time for a wave goodbye as I left my only baby at school for the first time…no hug, no kiss….but I’m not bitter Winking smile

Knowing my stubborn, strong-willed, fun-loving, affectionate boy I know there will be quite a few lessons learned and struggles along the way but I am so thankful that we have the opportunity to start his education at a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment