Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Highs and Lows of Life

 

On Saturday I was more of a roller coaster of emotions than normal. I was happy because I was digging my new hairdo 2013-10-10 18.07.27

I was annoyed because I think all the clothes in my closet are a fashion don’t

I was sad that I didn’t get to go to New Orleans and I was happy that I didn’t go to Baton Rouge and watch the Gators lose which made me sad at the same time that I was happy….confusing I know

I was excited because I was going to meet one of my best buds at a restaurant where we would get to sit outside and eat dinner by ourselves without having to feed, hold, clothe, or keep anyone else from choking and I was going to wear these fun shoes.

2013-10-15 15.49.22

 

I was bummed because I was going to have to go to be at work at 7:00 am the next day…on Sunday…when I like to go to church…and take naps

.

As I was walking down the sidewalk to meet my friend on Saturday night I was feeling pretty good about myself thanks to the shoes and truth be told I may have been strutting just a tad…when this nice gentleman sitting on a stool near the restaurant waved hello. Being the social, southern gal that I am I of course gave him a big hearty wave back – only when I waved and stepped at the same time (difficult procedure I know) somehow the heel of my awesome shoe (see above) got stuck in a hole in the bottom of the other leg of the jeans I was wearing and…ultimate low of lows…I fell….I fell hard…and I fell forward…shoe flying….hands and knees catching….completely smacking the ground with everything but my face (Thank God). Complete Mortification Ensued.

The nice man had to help me up – had to HELP ME PUT MY SHOE BACK ON. Horrifying. The kind of scene you think only happens in a cheesy romantic comedy – only my prince charming was at home mourning the loss of a football game.

My knees still look like those of a 10 year old who decided to roller blade for the first time without knee pads.  I am still laughing at the sheer ridiculousness of the experience. Keepin it Real folks. Keepin it Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment