Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween 2013

 

To say that Halloween snuck up on me is an understatement. A week ago today my child didn’t have a Halloween costume…Well he did but when a boy eats bacon and eggs every day for breakfast the 2T Woody Costume that his Rob-Rob picked out for him suddenly becomes too tight. 2013-10-31 18.59.16

So way past my bedtime last Wednesday night in a sleepless daze I turned to my good friend Google and discovered a no-sew cowboy vest template that hatched a plan. In what I can only determine is God’s divine providence JCPenney happened to have a display of Woody hats and holsters very close to the yellow flannel shirt section. When paired with my lil’ cowboy’s jeans, boots and red bandana the result is what you have below….2013-10-31 19.14.17

The vest was really simple to make (good thing because I had 2 hours to make it) and turned out pretty cute.

2013-10-31 19.18.47

We took Sheriff John Brooks into town where there were a couple of inflatable bounce house-slide contraptions set up. Have I mentioned that my child is fearless? That’s us at the top of the slide….the second time he wouldn’t even sit in my lap.

We also walked around, collected some treats and stopped by Grandma and Granddaddy’s and Pop Pop and Rob Rob’s houses. John Brooks did really well for the most part walking up to the houses and saying “Tick or Teat” with his pumpkin bag slung over his arm. This was the first year he really got the idea. It makes me excited for the holidays ahead!2013-10-31 18.54.44

No comments:

Post a Comment