Friday, July 30, 2010

I heart Tybee

Ben and I spent much of the past week on vacation in Tybee Island, GA. We had not originally planned to spend our vacation here but I am soooo thankful that we ended up in this beautiful, relaxing place. We stayed at the Sandpiper, which is a condominium complex located along the channel that connects the Atlantic Ocean to the Savannah River. 

320

We had a pretty little one bedroom condo that overlooked the ocean and the private (loved it) beach that was reserved for the guests of the condo. 

222 220 Here are some of the views from our balcony.

 

The water was soooo calm and the weather was sooooo hot that we spent most of our afternoons sitting in the ocean which is something I have rarely ever been able to do before at the beach because I grew up going to Daytona Beach and the waves there have always been a little rough for me to handle.

Some of the coolest sights that we were able to see while lounging in the ocean were the ginormous barges, the local shrimpin’ boats and the dolphins.  

081 234 318

On Wednesday, about 15 dolphins came as close as 40 feet from Ben in the ocean! It was so amazing to watch these wonderful creatures play and chase fish…slapping their tails….swimming really fast back and forth…and even jumping completely out of the water and doing flips! I have always been fascinated by marine mammals so being able to be less than a football field away from a pod of dolphins in the wild is definitely one of the biggest highlights for me.

I have a ton more to share about our wonderful vacation so stay tuned for more posts in the days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment