Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Out and About

Last Wednesday I ventured out into the world for the first time. I had resorted to actually consuming the canned goods that I keep in my pantry - “just in case” – so when I found myself combining black beans and corn and calling it a salad I resigned myself to the fact that I was actually going to have to go to the grocery store. Since JB was on the verge of only being 4 weeks old we decided it would be best if I left him at home in order to avoid exposure to germs.  On the germs note I discovered that upon giving birth I became a germophobe – has this happened to anyone else?

So Wednesday was the day – I lefte a bottle by the baby and wished him luck –haha no not really – Grandma Colson was kindenough to come sit with him while I ran errands in Gainesville. I have a few observations from the day

1. While I was out giving birth Target decided to do a minor remodel – which they are still in the process but which I have learned will add grocery space. I am anxious to see how it turns out.

2. Grocery shopping for a month is a daunting experience. No matter how hard you try your grocery cart resembles a small mountain at the end of this experience and people stare at you afraid that it is all going to come crashing down any minute.

3. I usually walk in the grocery store and go to the right through the produce/deli first and then so on – Wednesday I went to the left – it was weird and unnatural.

4. I called Mrs. Colson on the way home and learned that my baby had a stomach ache and had spit up while I was gone – he never spits up – my heart immediately broke because I wasnt there to hold him when this happened and I vowed to never leave him again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment