Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Big 2-9

 

Tuesday was my birthday. I had mixed feelings about this birthday at first because in general – I LOVE my birthday…the gifts, the cards, the Facebook messages…it’s the kind of attention I look forward to all year long – but society tends to want us to believe that any birthday after the age of 28 is a sad, depressing slide downhill toward old age. So, when I went to bed on Monday night I wasn’t too sure what to think about this particular birthday but when I woke up on Tuesday to a new pair of boots and breakfast (Thanks Ben!) and lots of wonderful birthday wishes from family and friends and the thought that even though I am 29 and that is the age in which my mother stopped getting any older (if you ask her) I don’t feel 29 – I feel about 25 – so I decided to make the best of this situation that I’ve found myself in and just count all of the blessings that God has given me over the past 29 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment